Workforce Development Orientation
You are here
Welcome students! By completing this online orientation, you will:
- Be fully prepared for success in your program
- Learn how to use BlackBoard, your online learning system
- Be familiar with the resources available to you as a CWI student
You are welcome to complete this orientation before or after registering for class. You will be prepared to start learning in your first class by reviewing this material prior to your first class session.
Please choose your program session from the choices below.
page navigation links
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this information only available online? Can I come to an in-person session?
This online orientation is your primary source for initial program information. Your teacher and program coordinator are available by appointment to go over additional needed information with you.16400
I'm a returning student. Do I need to complete an online session before the program starts?
No, the program information sessions are only required for first year students. However, returning students are welcome to review any of the information provided as a refresher.16357
Does this orientation apply to those taking the in-person “Hybrid” program or to the “Distance-Only” online program?
This orientation is for ANY first year apprentice to complete regardless of which program you are enrolled in.16401
Will I be able to go back and review this information once I complete it?
Yes, the link will be available for you to go back in and access information that will prove useful to you throughout your program. You can do that any time.16402
Need More Info?
- Workforce Development Orientation
- Healthcare & Emergency Medical Services
- Assistance with Medications
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Family Home
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Classes
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Hemodialysis Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing for Outpatient Services
- Mental Health Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Trades, Manufacturing and Construction
- Applied Technology and Apprenticeship
- Certified Electronics Tech (CET)
- Computer Drafting
- Construction Career Launcher
- Construction Site Erosion Control
- DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Upgrade Training
- FANUC Robotics
- Flagging for Traffic Control
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVAC Upgrade Training
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Upgrade Training
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Welding - Short Term Training Classes
- Technology and Business Solutions
- Customized Training
- Wildland Fire Academy