Train for a new career as a Patient Care Technician (PCT) in just three months!
Under the supervision of doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals, Patient Care Technicians help tend to sick and injured patients. During the online PCT program, powered by Career Step™, students will learn patient rights and safety, body structure and function, vital signs, basic emergency care, care of women, children and older adults, procedure assistance, specimen collection, physical exam assistance and pain management. This course will leave you fully prepared to take one of three national certification exams.
Upon completion of the coursework, you will be placed in a clinical externship in a medical setting.
Join today and take advantage of:
- Flexibility: This program is self-paced and provided through an online training format, allowing you the flexibility to study as much or as little as your schedule allows. Though this program is designed to be completed in 3 months of full-time study, you will have a full 12 months to complete your training.
- National Certification Preparation: You will graduate with the skills and knowledge you need to pass one of three national certification exams:
- Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A) from the NHA
- NCPCT (Patient Care Technician) from the NCCT
- AMCA’s Patient Care Technician certification.
- Hands On Experience: Your included externship in a clinical setting provides real world training where you will be able to put your course learning into practice, preparing you to jump straight into the workforce.
Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Requirements and Costs
Degrees and Certificates
Skills, Traits, and Prep Classes
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Age Requirement18
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- Program fee: $3,499
- Payment plans are available through Career Step™
- Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
CWI Workforce Development offers you multiple payment options to cover the cost of your program. For more information, visit Payment Options
- Patient Care Technician
- Assistance with Medications
- Career Success in Healthcare
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Family Home
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Classes
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Hemodialysis Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing for Outpatient Services
- Mental Health Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician