Start your career in one of the most popular healthcare support jobs with online training from CWI and CareerStep. As a medical assistant, your skills will be in demand because all areas of...
You are here
Is Pharmacy Technician the Career For You?
Start your career in the healthcare field as a Pharmacy Technician by joining the College of Western Idaho (CWI) Pharmacy Technician program today!
CWI’s Pharmacy Technician program partners with Career Step™ to prepare you for a career in the retail pharmacy field. This program is your key to starting a rewarding career in a field that is growing in Idaho at a faster pace than the national average. This career is in high demand and this program is your opportunity for immediate employment and development of knowledge and skills you can use for life.
Join today and take advantage of:
- Flexibility – this program is self-paced and provided through an online training format. This allows you the flexibility to study as much or as little as your schedule allows. Though this program is designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study, you will have a full 12 months to complete your training.
- National Certification Preparation – you will graduate with the skills and knowledge you need to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam and start working as soon as you finish.
- Hands On – lab experience as well as an externship in a local community retail pharmacy, like Walgreens.
Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho that are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in the topics they teach.
What You Will Learn to Do
- Assisting a licensed pharmacist
- Helping patients
- Medical terminology and pharmacology
- Entering and verifying patient and prescription information
- Sterile and nonsterile medication compounding
- Pharmacy calculations
- Ordering, packaging and handling medications
- Purchasing, billing, and insurance
- Legal and ethical framework of pharmacy practice
- Pharmacy technician practice settings
Requirements and Costs
Skills, Traits, and Prep Classes
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Age Requirement18
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: email@example.com or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- Program fee: $4,199
- Payment plans are available through Career Step™
- Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Pharmacy Technician
College of Western Idaho is committed to maintaining a Respectful Community by providing equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate in services, benefits, or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, age, or any other legally protected status. More on Title IX
News and Blogs
The CWI Foundation received a $2,000 grant from the John William Jackson Fund.
Healthcare & Emergency Medical Services
- Assistance with Medications
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Family Home
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Classes
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Hemodialysis Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing for Outpatient Services
- Mental Health Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician