Begin your journey to a fast-paced career helping others in College of Western Idaho's (CWI) Emergency Medical Technician program, designed to teach you the basics of emergency medicine and prepare...
Are you a certified Emergency Medical Technician ready to take your training and certification to the next level? Advance your skills in the fast-paced field of emergency medicine in College of Western Idaho's Advanced Emergency Medical Technician program.
Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians (AEMTs) are key members of the patient care team in medical and trauma environments. Working under the supervision of a Medical Director, AEMTs provide emergent life support including CPR, IV placement, advanced airway control and maintenance, splinting, and hemorrhage control.
In this 18-week, in-person training you will:
- participate in lectures
- engage in skills labs
- and gain field experience.
Class meets in-person twice a week. Each class is four (4) hours. Upon completion, you will be prepared to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians AEMT certification exam.
Requirements and Costs
Minimum Age Requirement18
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: email@example.com or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR Healthcare Provider Certificate
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
- Applied Technology and Apprenticeship
- Assistance with Medications
- Auto Technology - Online
- AWS Cloud Foundations
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Electronics Tech (CET)
- Certified Family Home
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Classes
- Computer Drafting
- Construction Career Launcher
- Construction Site Erosion Control
- DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- Dental Assistant
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Upgrade Training
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- FANUC Robotics
- Flagging for Traffic Control
- Healthcare IT Professional
- Hemodialysis Technician
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVAC Upgrade Training
- Living With Alzheimer’s
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing Professional
- Mental Health Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Upgrade Training
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Welding - Short Term Training Classes
- Wildland Fire Academy