Certified Dietary Manager
Online Training for Entry and Advancement in the Food Service Industry
Looking for a career change or advancement in nutritional management? The Certified Dietary Manager program at College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers a specialized online distance learning experience that caters to both. This program is designed to prepare you for roles where nutrition and dietary management are key. It is a perfect fit if you are interested in the intersection of food service management and nutrition.
Our program provides an understanding of the necessary aspects of dietary management. You will learn about nutrition, food safety, and managing dietary programs, especially in healthcare and similar settings. The course is structured to accommodate your busy schedule, offering the flexibility of online learning — ideal for both aspiring dietary managers and those looking to enhance their current careers in this field.
Degree or Certificate Type
Time to Complete
- Nutrition & Dietary Management: Gain foundational knowledge in nutrition and dietary management.
- Food Safety Protocols: Learn about food safety and compliance with dietary regulations.
- Online Learning Flexibility: Study at your own pace with the convenience of an online format.
- Career Advancement: Suitable for those seeking a career change or advancement in nutritional management.
- Preparation for Certification: Equip yourself with the skills needed for the Certified Dietary Manager certification.
Industry Lead Training
This program is approved and provided in partnership with:
Area of Study
Minimum age requirement for this program is 18.
Degrees & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
Online OnlyView Course Dates & Locations
Dietitians and Nutritionists
Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease. May supervise activities of a department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research.
Hourly Median Wage*
Annual Median Salary
Growth (2021 – 2031)*
*Data sourced from Lightcast™ (2023), a global leader in labor market analytics, and limited to the state of Idaho. Contact CWI Institutional Research for questions regarding this data.
- Review online training details including:
- an overview of the course
- cost, textbooks, and payment options
- how to register
- prerequisites and qualifications
- technical requirements
- and more.
- Complete registration and payment through the Idaho Health Care Association.
Are you a 2024 Idaho high school graduate? Learn how to get up to $8,000 of your tuition and fees covered at CWI through Idaho LAUNCH.
Already a student? We are here to help you navigate your educational journey, connect you to academic and support resources, and achieve your academic or career goals.