Take your apprenticeship to the next level with an AAS. Your Apprenticeship training, in the field and classroom, can now be paired with general education courses at College of Western Idaho (CWI)...
The Plumbing trade is growing and the College of Western Idaho Plumbing Apprenticeship Program is your key to starting a rewarding career in a field that is increasingly in need of trained and licensed technicians, installers, and troubleshooters.
The Plumbing Apprenticeship Program at CWI is a four-year program that will take you from the basics to being prepared to take the Journeyman’s test.
You will learn from industry experts in the classroom in concert with employment in the Plumbing field for on-the-job training while earning a living. The schooling teaches the how’s and why’s of plumbing theory, the Uniform Plumbing Code, Idaho Plumbing Code, residential and commercial installations, blueprint reading and estimating, job safety, plumbing repairs, and much more.
The Plumbing Apprenticeship classes at CWI are delivered to you in a Hyflex format offering you classes in-person and virtually at designated dates and times.
You will have 576 hours of classroom (in-class or online) training along with 8,000 hours of on-the-job experience during the four-year program.
Be prepared to work in these areas of the plumbing industry:
All first-year students will be required to review and complete the Plumbing Apprenticeship Online Orientation.
Be sure to check all of the registration options for specific start dates.
For help or questions registering for the Electrical Apprenticeship program, contact:
Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho that are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in the topics they teach.
What You Will Learn to Do
- Tools of the trade
- Blueprint reading
- Plumbing theory
- Plumbing vocabulary and terms
- Piping methods
- Venting of gas piping
- Service and trouble-shooting
- Uniform Plumbing Code requirements
- Hands-on training in a lab setting
More Recommended Programs
The Electrical trade is growing and the College of Western Idaho (CWI) Electrical Apprenticeship Program is your key to starting a rewarding career in a field that is increasingly in need of trained...
College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers a series of Electrical Upgrade classes to add skills, prepare for testing, and fulfill annual training requirements for your electrical license. Electrical...
As the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) trade is growing, and College of Western Idaho's (CWI) HVAC Apprenticeship Program is your key to starting a rewarding career in a field...
College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers a series of HVAC Upgrade classes to add skills, prepare for testing, and fulfill annual training requirements for your HVAC license. These training classes at...
College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers a series of Plumbing Upgrade classes to add skills, prepare for testing, and fulfill annual training requirements for your plumbing license. These training...
Requirements and Costs
Degrees and Certificates
Skills, Traits, and Prep Classes
- Register with the Idaho State Division of Building Safety for your on-the-job apprentice hours to start. Idaho State Division of Building Safety, Plumbing Board – 208.334.3950
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- The Plumbing Apprenticeship program cost is approximately $1,400 annually.
- Book costs will vary by year.
- Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Pay for a year series (A, B, C, & D) in full at the time of registration at the discounted price of $1,295.
- Pay for each of the four, 8-week sessions (A, B, C, & D) individually for $350 a session.
- Visit WD Financial Information to learn more about available payments options.
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
- Plumber Journeyman
- Commercial Plumber
- Industrial Plumber
- Residential Plumber
- Plumbing Contractor
- Applied Technology and Apprenticeship
- Certified Electronics Tech (CET)
- Computer Drafting
- Construction Career Launcher
- Construction Site Erosion Control
- DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Upgrade Training
- FANUC Robotics
- Flagging for Traffic Control
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVAC Upgrade Training
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Upgrade Training
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Welding - Short Term Training Classes