Take your apprenticeship to the next level with an AAS. Your Apprenticeship training, in the field and classroom, can now be paired with general education courses at College of Western Idaho (CWI)...
As the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) trade is growing, and College of Western Idaho's (CWI) HVAC Apprenticeship Program is your key to starting a rewarding career in a field increasingly in need of trained and licensed technicians, installers, and trouble shooters.
This four-year program will take your skills from the basics to being prepared to take the Journeyman's test to become a licensed HVAC technician. HVAC Apprenticeship classes are available in a hyflex format offering in-person and virtual class options with 576 hours of classroom training and 8,000 hours of on-the job experience.
Learn from industry experts in the classroom in concert with employment in the HVAC field for on-the-job training while earning a living. Courses will teach refrigeration as applied to air conditioning theory, electrical theory, motors and basic electrical controls, International Fuel Gas and Mechanical Code, installation methods, and much more.
Prepare yourself to work in the following areas of the HVAC industry:
Registration opens Nov. 1, 2022, for classes beginning January 2023.
- All students are required to review and complete the HVAC Apprenticeship Online Orientation.
- Be sure to check all the registration options for specific start dates.
For help or questions registering for the HVAC Apprenticeship program, contact:
Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho that are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in the topics they teach.
What You Will Learn to Do
- Tools of the trade
- Blueprint reading
- HVAC Theory
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel gas piping and venting
- Sheet metal
- Related science
- Code requirements for electricity, fuel gas and mechanical
- Hands-on training in a lab setting
More Recommended Programs
The Electrical trade is growing and the College of Western Idaho (CWI) Electrical Apprenticeship Program is your key to starting a rewarding career in a field that is increasingly in need of trained...
College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers a series of Electrical Upgrade classes to add skills, prepare for testing, and fulfill annual training requirements for your electrical license. Electrical...
College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers a series of HVAC Upgrade classes to add skills, prepare for testing, and fulfill annual training requirements for your HVAC license. These training classes at...
The Plumbing trade is growing and the College of Western Idaho Plumbing Apprenticeship Program is your key to starting a rewarding career in a field that is increasingly in need of trained and...
College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers a series of Plumbing Upgrade classes to add skills, prepare for testing, and fulfill annual training requirements for your plumbing license. These training...
Requirements and Costs
Degrees and Certificates
Skills, Traits, and Prep Classes
- Register with the Idaho State Division of Building Safety for your on-the-job apprentice hours to start. Idaho State Division of Building Safety, Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Board – 208.334.3950
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- The HVAC Apprenticeship program cost is approximately $1,400 annually.
- Book costs will vary by year.
- Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Pay for a year series (A, B, C, & D) in full at the time of registration at the discounted price of $1,295.
- Pay for each of the four, 8-week sessions (A, B, C, & D) individually for $350 a session.
- Visit WD Financial Information to learn more about available payments options.
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
- HVAC Journeyman
- Residential HVAC Technician
- Commercial HVAC Technician
- Industrial HVAC Technician
- HVAC Contractor
You will be prepared for a career in the HVAC profession.
- Applied Technology and Apprenticeship
- Certified Electronics Tech (CET)
- Computer Drafting
- Construction Career Launcher
- Construction Site Erosion Control
- DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Upgrade Training
- FANUC Robotics
- Flagging for Traffic Control
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVAC Upgrade Training
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Upgrade Training
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Welding - Short Term Training Classes