Learn the skills you need to become an information technology (IT) specialist in the healthcare field and prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification in College of Western Idaho's Healthcare IT Professional program, offered through CareerStep.
Health IT specialists play a vital role in healthcare facilities and public health agencies as part of an internal IT team. Duties include installing and maintaining health record systems and providing general technical support to ensure technology that runs facilities and systems is functioning properly.
Specialized Skills Training
Designed to be completed in as little as seven (7) months, Healthcare IT Professional classes are offered fully online for built-in flexibility — complete coursework when and how it works best. CareerStep's team of dedicated trainers, technical support, and career advisors are committed to your success from the moment you sign up and following completion.
Specialized skills training includes:
- learning healthcare vocabulary
- becoming familiar with medical office procedures
- connecting, creating, and securing wireless networks
- obtaining, processing, and recording healthcare data
- ensuring information quality and security
- installing and administering basic computer systems and networks
- and determining hardware and interface problems and providing support.
Classes will prepare you with the knowledge and materials needed to obtain the CompTIA A+ certification, an industry-recognized credential that will help you stand out to potential employers.
If you are looking for a rewarding and respected career, empowering responsibilities, a social atmosphere, and a steady paycheck with benefits, the Healthcare IT Professional is for you!
Requirements and Costs
Skills, Traits, and Prep Classes
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Age Requirement18
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- Program fee: $4299
- Payment plans are available through CareerStep
- Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Healthcare IT Professional
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
- Applied Technology and Apprenticeship
- Assistance with Medications
- Auto Technology - Online
- AWS Cloud Foundations
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Electronics Tech (CET)
- Certified Family Home
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Classes
- Computer Drafting
- Construction Career Launcher
- Construction Site Erosion Control
- DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- Dental Assistant
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Upgrade Training
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- FANUC Robotics
- Flagging for Traffic Control
- Healthcare IT Professional
- Hemodialysis Technician
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVAC Upgrade Training
- Living With Alzheimer’s
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing Professional
- Mental Health Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Upgrade Training
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Welding - Short Term Training Classes
- Wildland Fire Academy