This online class will review the basic concepts typically taught in a 2-year Electronics Technician program and prepare you for the Certified Electronics Technician Examination (CET Exam). It is...
The College of Western Idaho Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) non-credit course is a great way to learn the magic behind electrically controlled machines!
Participants will learn about fundamental concepts of using Programmable Logic Controllers, This class is recommended for those currently employed in the electronics or a related field who wish to learn the concepts of operation of PLC's.
The skills in this PLC class are taught using Allen-Bradley PLC's and RX Logix software.
Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho that are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in the topics they teach.
What You Will Learn to Do
- Identify and understand the components that make up a PLC
- Understand the role and purpose of PLC's in process control
- Understand addressing concepts and basic ladder logic
- Understand the availability and usage of commonly used instructions
- Develop applicable programs
More Recommended Programs
Requirements and Costs
Degrees and Certificates
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- Course fee is $596
- Course materials included
Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
CWI Workforce Development offers you multiple payment options to cover the cost of your program. For more information, visit Payment Options
- Applied Technology and Apprenticeship
- Certified Electronics Tech (CET)
- Computer Drafting
- Construction Career Launcher
- Construction Site Erosion Control
- DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Upgrade Training
- FANUC Robotics
- Flagging for Traffic Control
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVAC Upgrade Training
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Upgrade Training
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Welding - Short Term Training Classes