Start your career in one of the most popular healthcare support jobs with online training from CWI and CareerStep. As a medical assistant, your skills will be in demand because all areas of...
Hemodialysis Technician New
You are here
Ready for a career that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives? The Hemodialysis Technician course is designed for you to become a certified hemodialysis technician (CHT) to provide life-saving medical intervention to patients with chronic kidney disease or renal failure.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Prepare and operate hemodialysis machines
- Monitor and record vital signs
- Draw blood
- Document results
Your studies will conclude with being prepared to take the CHT exam for certification from BONENT.
You will receive 250 hours worth of hands-on experience working in a clinical setting—empowering you with the knowledge that leads to certification and increases your employability.
Clinical opportunities vary across the vast network of available healthcare organizations and we work with you to find a good fit. Clinical placement or employment is not guaranteed in your desired area.
This course offers you:
- 106 online training hours + 250 clinical hours
- Self-paced study
- The opportunity to complete in as little as 12 months
Register for the Hemodialysis Technician course
Discover additional opportunities through the CWI partnership with
What You Will Learn to Do
- Know the function and structure of kidneys
- Understand health problems relating to kidney failure
- Understand the steps needed to protect patients during treatment
- Learn how to set up equipment
- Understand processes for documentation and monitoring
Requirements and Costs
Minimum Age Requirement18
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: email@example.com or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- Program fee: $4,199
- Payment plans are available through Career Step™
- Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
College of Western Idaho is committed to maintaining a Respectful Community by providing equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate in services, benefits, or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, age, or any other legally protected status. More on Title IX
Healthcare & Emergency Medical Services
- Assistance with Medications
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Family Home
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Classes
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Hemodialysis Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing for Outpatient Services
- Mental Health Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician