To define the parameters of and confirm the at-will nature of employment at CWI
Human Resource Policies
To establish guidelines for the appointment and retention of faculty.
To provide guidelines governing certain relationships between employees and students.
To facilitate the maintenance of an alcohol and drug free workplace and establish the parameters of CWI’s drug and alcohol testing program.
To provide guidelines for the proper reimbursement of interview expenses incurred by applicants for employment.
To provide guidelines for proving reimbursement for moving expenses.
To secure the safety and well-being of campus community members and institutional assets by providing for background checks on new employees, current employees applying for or being transferred into a new position and, where applicable, volunteers.
To establish guidelines for ensuring that CWI’s personnel files are complete and that new hires are provided necessary information related to their employment at CWI.
To establish guidelines for the release of employee information in response to requests from external parties.
To provide guidelines for the maintenance of and access to employee personnel records.
To establish processes to ensure that CWI’s payroll is accurately and timely processed in accordance with state and federal law and CWI policy.
To establish expectations for employee conduct while at work and/or while representing CWI.
To establish and provide guidelines for CWI’s employee performance management process.
To provide a process for addressing employee complaints about performance evaluations, job assignments, compensation, corrective action, or any other terms and conditions of employment.
To provide guidelines for addressing employee performance deficiencies and/or conduct issues.
To provide guidelines and applicable procedures regarding the separation from employment of employees of CWI.
To describe CWI’s compensation program for CWI’s staff/non-faculty employees.
To define various classifications of employees at CWI for purposes of determining certain obligations and benefits associated with employment at CWI.
To delineate and describe the benefits provided to CWI’s employees.
To provide guidelines and procedures to be followed in the determination and declaration of a financial exigency and to define circumstances where adverse employment action may be necessary for curriculum reasons.
To provide guidelines for the provision of professional development opportunities for CWI employees.
To provide guidelines for employees who wish to engage in or are engaging in outside employment.
To recognize significant contributions made to CWI by former Board of Trustee members and long‐term employees.
To provide guidelines for the proper utilization of volunteers at CWI.
To provide protection for employees reporting the existence of any waste of public funds, property or manpower or the violation or suspected violation of applicable law in accordance with the Idaho Protection of Public Employees Act.
To establish guidelines regarding political activity by employees on CWI’s campus. This policy is not intended to improperly prohibit or limit CWI’s employees from exercising their freedom of speech or political association.
To provide guidelines related to the hiring, supervision and instruction of individuals whose familiar relationship with existing employees may create an actual or apparent conflict of interest.
To provide guidelines for identifying, evaluating, and managing potential or actual conflicts of interest.
This policy outlines CWI’s ethical responsibility to identify, evaluate, and manage potential or actual Conflicts of Interest, financial or other, as related to grant-funded projects.
To establish guidelines for the update, review, and creation of CWI policy, and document necessary approval requirements and communication.
To provide appropriate attire and grooming standards for employees.
To delineate and describe the Educational Tuition Waiver Benefit.
To provide guidelines for telecommuting for work or utilizing a flexible work schedule.
To provide guidelines to address: (i) the reinstatement of accrued but unused sick leave when an employee of CWI leaves employment by CWI and subsequently returns to employment with CWI; (ii) the transfer of accrued but unused sick leave when an employee leaves the employment of a state...
The purpose of this policy is to establish CWI’s compensation program for CWI’s full-time faculty employees in accordance with state and federal law and CWI policy.
Policies and Procedures Manual
- Human Resource Policies
- HR 000 - At Will Employment Policy
- HR 010 - Faculty Appointment and Retention Policy
- HR 020 - Employee And Student Relationships/Fraternization Policy
- HR 030 - Drug Free Workplace Policy
- HR 040 - Interview Expenses Policy
- HR 050 - Moving Expenses Policy
- HR 060 - Pre-Employment Background Screening Policy
- HR 070 - Pre-Employment Information Policy
- HR 080 - References Policy
- HR 090 - Personnel Records Policy
- HR 100 - Payroll Policy
- HR 110 - Employee Conduct Policy
- HR 120 - Performance Review Of Employees Policy
- HR 130 - Complaint Process For CWI Employees Policy
- HR 140 - Employee Corrective Action Policy
- HR 150 - Separation From Employment Policy
- HR 160 - Compensation Policy
- HR 170 - Employee Classifications Policy
- HR 180 - Employee Benefits Policy
- HR 190 - Financial Exigency/Curricular Revisions Policy
- HR 200 - Professional Development Policy
- HR 210 - Outside Employment Policy
- HR 220 - Emeritus Program Policy
- HR 230 - Volunteers Policy
- HR 240 - Whistle Blower Policy
- HR 250 - Political Activity (Employees) Policy
- HR 260 - Nepotism Policy
- HR 270 - Conflict Of Interest, Non Grant-Related Policy
- HR 280 - Conflict Of Interest, Grant-Related Policy
- HR 290 - Policy Creation, Update, Approval, and Communication
- HR 300 - Attire and Grooming
- HR 310 - Educational Tuition Waiver Benefit
- HR 320 - Telecommuting and Flexible Work Schedule Policy
- HR 330 - Transfer or Reinstatement of Sick Leave
- HR 340 - Full-time Faculty Compensation Policy
- Recent Policy Updates
- Administration, Business and Finance Policies
- ADMIN 000 - Contract Administration and Management Policy
- ADMIN 010 - Cash Handling Policy
- ADMIN 020 - Business Ethics
- ADMIN 030 - Post-Issuance Tax Exempt Bond Compliance Policy
- ADMIN 040 - Federal, State & Local Government Grants
- ADMIN 050 - Accounts Payable
- ADMIN 060 - Travel and Meeting Policy
- ADMIN 070 - Food And Entertainment
- ADMIN 080 - Gifts, Awards, And Incentives Policy
- ADMIN 090 - Investments Policy
- ADMIN 100 - Procurement Policy
- ADMIN 110 - Fixed Asset Acquisition And Management
- ADMIN 120 - Debt Management Policy
- ADMIN 130 - Change Funds/Petty Cash Funds Policy
- ADMIN 140 - Audits Policy
- ADMIN 150 - Authorized Signatures Policy
- ADMIN 160 - Independent Contractors Policy
- ADMIN 170 - Purchasing Card Policy
- ADMIN 180 - Uniforms and Logo Apparel
- ADMIN 190 - Procurement of Public Works Construction
- Campus Operation Policies
- OP 000 - Real Property Acquisitions
- OP 010 - Campus and Building Signage
- OP 020 - Capital Construction
- OP 030 - Construction Activities
- OP 040 - Environmental Health And Safety
- OP 050 - Firearms And Weapons On Campus
- OP 060 - Security
- OP 070 - Space Use
- OP 080 - Sustainable Energy And Environment
- OP 090 - Transportation
- OP 110 - Campus Closure
- OP 120 - Facility Request
- OP 130 - Securing CWI Property
- OP 150 - Office Space Allocation
- OP 160 - Emergency Management
- OP 170 - Communicable Disease
- OP 180 - Catastrophic Event Policy
- OP 190 - Campus Posting Policy
- College-Wide and Legal Policies
- CW 000 - Respectful Community - Prohibition on Discrimination and Harassment
- CW 010 - Free Inquiry, Expression, and Assembly
- CW 020 - Commercial Solicitation
- CW 030 - Tobacco Use Policy
- CW 040 - ADA and Reasonable Accommodation
- CW 050 - Protection Of Minors Policy
- CW 060 - Drone Use On Campus Policy
- CW 070 - International Travel Policy
- CW 080 - Intellectual Property and Copyright Policy
- CW 090 - Records Retention
- Communications and Marketing Policies
- Information Technology Policies
- IT 000 - Information Technology Resource Use
- IT 010 - Server Administration
- IT 020 - Telephone Services
- IT 030 - Software Usage
- IT 040 - Remote Access
- IT 050 - Centralized IT Services
- IT 060 - Computing Device Support
- IT 070 - Internet Usage
- IT 080 - Information Privacy And Data Security
- IT 090 - Personal Computer Equipment And Software Support
- IT 100 - Information Technology Procurement
- IT 110 - Mobile Computing
- IT 120 - Electronic Mail
- IT 130 - Network Standards
- IT 140 - Software Patch Management
- Instruction Policies
- INST 000 - Academic Calendar
- INST 010 - Academic Freedom
- INST 020 - Academic Standards
- INST 030 - Adjunct Faculty
- INST 040 - Articulation With Transfer Institutions And High Schools
- INST 050 - Associate Of Arts And Associate Of Science Degrees And General Education Program
- INST 060 - Career And Technical Education Certificates And Degrees
- INST 070 - Credit Hour
- INST 080 - Faculty Submission Of Grades
- INST 090 - Graduation Requirements
- INST 100 - Joint Faculty Appointments
- INST 110 - Library Services
- INST 120 - Special Course Fee Opt Out
- INST 130 - Substitute Coverage And Pay
- INST 140 - Registration with Course Requisites
- INST 150 - Protection of Human Subjects
- INST 160 - Overloads - Exceptional Teaching Assignments
- INST 180 - Special Course Fee Requests
- INST 190 - Prior Learning Assessment
- Student Affairs Policies
- STU 000 - Open Admissions Policy
- STU 010 - Student Political Activity Policy
- STU 020 - Associated Students Organizations Policy
- STU 030 - Attendance Policy
- STU 040 - Standards Of Student Conduct Policy
- STU 050 - Financial Aid Policy
- STU 060 - Identity Theft Prevention Program Policy
- STU 070 - Transfer Of Credit Policy
- STU 080 - Enrollment Policy
- STU 090 - Student Records and Confidentiality
- STU 100 - Tuition And Fees Policy
- STU 110 - Residency Policy
- STU 120 - Readmission Of Service Members Policy
- STU 130 - Student Recruitment Policy