Applying to CWI

Do I have to sign into class at a certain time?

If you are taking a Remote class, yes you will have a designated meeting time. These courses are instructor-led in real time.

If you are taking a Hyflex course, and you choose the virtual option, you may have a designated meeting time or it may be online. Please refer to...

How do I apply?

To start or apply for programs visit Applying to CWI. Please choose the process that most represents your situation and your program of choice.

How do I order my transcripts from another college?

While many transcripts are available from the National Student Clearinghouse, students are encouraged to contact the institution they would like to obtain their transcripts from directly for transcript ordering instructions.

I want in-person classes but all I can get are online. Will more availability be opening up?

If the in-person class you want is full, and there are not any others available, you can waitlist the course you want while being signed up for an online course. If you are selected from the waitlist, you will be able drop the online course and register for the course you waitlisted....

My previous school was on a quarter system, how will that affect me?

If you transfer credit from an institution that operates on a quarter credit system, your credit hours will be converted to semester credits. For example, a three-credit course on the quarter system will transfer as two credits to a semester system. If a course has been evaluated as...

Should I get an associate degree or just take some general education?

You will save thousands by completing an associate degree with us before transferring to a four-year college or university to complete your bachelor’s degree. Generally, a maximum of 70 lower-division credits are accepted for transfer from accredited Idaho community colleges to Idaho four-...

What address should I send my transcript to?

Transcripts may be submitted via mail to:

College of Western Idaho
One Stop Student Services
MS 3000
P.O. Box 3010
Nampa, ID 83653

What is accreditation and why is it important for transfer credit?

Accreditation is the act of granting credit or recognition, by a governing body, of an educational institution. Accreditation is necessary to any educational institution to prove that they are maintaining suitable standards or quality. College of Western Idaho relies on the following accrediting...

When can I apply to CWI?

CWI accepts applications at any time.

  • To begin taking classes during a specific semester, be sure to apply by the Admission Deadline listed on the Academic Calendar.
  • Some programs only begin during
  • ...

When will my transfer credits be evaluated by CWI?

Transfer credit is evaluated for students admitted to the College of Western Idaho typically between 10 to 14 days after your official transcript has been received.

Financial Aid

How do I apply for CWI Foundation Scholarships?

Foundation scholarships are available to students attending the College of Western Idaho (CWI) who meet scholarship specific eligibility requirements. Completion of the application ensure that students will be reviewed for all possible opportunities. 

Steps to Apply


How Do I Apply for Federal Financial Aid?

To be eligible for financial aid at the College of Western Idaho students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA opens for completion October 1st of every year and requires tax information from two years prior.

  1. Complete your FAFSA application
  2. ...

How Do I Complete Student Loan Entrance Counseling & the Master Promissory Note (MPN)?

Borrowing money is a serious financial obligation.  The College of Western Idaho (CWI) encourages students to consider their future ability to repay their student loans before borrowing.  By completing Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN), a student is indicating...

How Do I Create a Federal Student Aid ID & Add CWI's School Code?

To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), students need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID).  This ID serves as a legal signature on certain government websites. Parents will also need to create and FSA ID in order to electronically sign their child's FAFSA. ...