How do I apply?

To start or apply for programs visit Applying to CWI. Please choose the process that most represents your situation and your program of choice.

When can I apply to CWI?

CWI accepts applications at any time, however special deadlines may apply for health programs. Some career and technical programs start only certain semesters. View your specific program page for more detailed information.

Do I have to sign into class at a certain time?

If you are taking a Remote class, yes you will have a designated meeting time. These courses are instructor-led in real time.

If you are taking a Hyflex course, and you choose the virtual option, you may have a designated meeting time or it may be online. Please refer to...

How will I pay for it? Am I eligible for in-state tuition or financial aid?

Students must be living in Idaho, and must meet one of the criteria as listed in STU 110 - Residency Policy.  Currently, DACA students are eligible for some state scholarships. You can find more...

I am afraid of disclosing my status to my high school counselor. Is there anyone else who can help me navigate the college and financial aid application process?

You are not alone:

  • Almost 30,000 U.S. citizens in Idaho have at least one undocumented family member
  • Undocumented immigrants represented about 42 percent of Idaho’s immigrant population and 2.7 percent of the state population in 2014
  • 58,327 people in
  • ...

I am undocumented and live in Idaho. Can I go to college?

Yes! Federal law does not prohibit undocumented students from attending college.

I do not qualify for DACA. What do I do?

Apply for private scholarships without citizenship requirements. Don’t rule out private colleges. Many private colleges offer substantial financial aid packages, and may make attending college possible.

I have DACA. What next?

Complete a Residency Determination Worksheet.

You must also attach a copy of the letter which you received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) notifying you of your DACA status. You must submit your online or paper application for your chosen college or...

I need to fill out a Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). Does that mean I can’t apply? What do I do?

CWI uses the FAFA4caster to estimate financial need for DACA students. Some colleges request that you fill out a FAFSA for internal aid purposes. In this case, undocumented students without DACA can fill in “0...

I want in-person classes but all I can get are online. Will more availability be opening up?

If the in-person class you want is full, and there are not any others available, you can waitlist the course you want while being signed up for an online course. If you are selected from the waitlist, you will be able drop the online course and register for the course you waitlisted....

My DACA status will expire before I will graduate. What will that mean for paying tuition?

Contact the Latinx Student Services Coordinators to help you find answers specific to College of Western Idaho, and your financial situation.

What is accreditation and why is it important for transfer credit?

Accreditation is the act of granting credit or recognition, by a governing body, of an educational institution. Accreditation is necessary to any educational institution to prove that they are maintaining suitable standards or quality. College of Western Idaho relies on the following accrediting...

Where can I find more information?

Here are some places to start your search: