What is a hybrid course?
“Hybrid” courses combine face-to-face classroom instruction with online learning. A portion of a hybrid course is scheduled on-campus, with the remainder completed online. CWI hybrid courses offer students the best of both worlds with regularly scheduled faculty interaction and the flexibility of online learning.
Benefits of a hybrid course include:
- It combines the benefits of both face-to-face and online instruction.
- Regularly scheduled faculty/student interaction.
- Hybrid courses meet less frequently on campus than traditional classes, providing flexible course offerings for students who have less availability to participate in traditional face-to-face classes.
- It offers the flexibility of completing assignments through Blackboard (a computer-based learning platform).
- Individualized instructor assistance is available for students.