The Exercise Science program is designed for students who are interested in careers in biomechanics, exercise physiology, personal training, physical and occupational therapy, and research. The goals...
No matter where public health professionals work, their focus is to improve the health and quality of life for those in their communities. The Health Science and Public Health program at CWI provides you with access to a broad range of careers that work with preserving, promoting, and improving the health and well-being of populations, communities, and individuals.
As a student in the Health Science and Public Health program, you will have access to:
- Hands-on experience in a health and human performance lab
- Caring, engaged, and well educated team of instructors
- Traditional, Hybrid, and Online classes
Your learning will touch on a broad spectrum of topics that will prepare you for a career or continued education in the public health profession.
Why This Program
Students will gain a foundational understanding of the major concepts, history and philosophy that are essential to the fields of health promotion, health education, and public health. Courses will provide students with foundational education to support the pursuit of health science or public health career. Students will be prepared for the rigor of a four-year program or career upon graduating from CWI.
What You Will Learn to Do
- Learn to analyze determinants of health and disease using an ecological framework.
- Examine the relationship between physical activity, health, wellness, and quality of life.
- Gain a foundational understanding of the major concepts, history and philosophy that are essential to the fields of health promotion / education.
- Develop real world skills and apply solutions for issues related to human health, medicine and healthcare.
- Apply solutions for issues related to human health, medicine and healthcare.
Students will engage in an internship experience that will allow them to explore their career choice.
More Recommended Programs
Requirements and Costs
Degrees and Certificates
Health Science and Public Health - Associate of Science Degree
*See the Course Delivery Styles page for details about class options
Important Dates for Credit Programs
|Summer 2022||Fall 2022||Spring 2023|
|Priority Registration Begins1||n/a||April 11||November 14|
|Open Registration Begins||February 28||April 18||November 21|
|Financial Aid Priority Deadline||May 14||July 30||December 17|
|Admission Deadline2||May 28||August 13||January 7|
|Last Day to Register for Classes||June 3||August 19||January 13|
|Tuition and Fees Due||June 3||August 19||January 13|
|Classes Begin3||June 6||August 22||January 17|
|1 Priority registration is limited to continuing students. Students are assigned a registration time based upon their cumulative credits earned. Students should check myCWI and their CWI email to learn their assigned registration time. Students may register online anytime on or after their assigned registration time.|
|2 The admission deadline for international students is earlier than the deadline for non-international students and is only available during the fall and spring semesters. Please consult the Academic Calendar for the international student admission deadlines for the fall and spring semesters.|
|3 Some classes begin before or after this date. Please refer to the Registration and Refund Deadlines by Class Section Dates (located beneath each semester) of the Academic Calendar for more information.|
The Health Science and Public Health program is an excellent degree if you are seeking admission into professional programs such as Surgical Technician, Nursing or Respiratory Therapy, just to name a few. In addition it's a great way to accomplish your first two years, then transfer into a four year program in medicine, dentistry, clinical laboratory science, physical therapy, or numerous other careers in a health related field.
- Clerical Health
- Clinical Lab Sciences
- Community Health Worker
- Counseling Therapies
- Health Educator
- Public Health
- Radiological Technician
- Rehabilitative Therapies
- Vision Care
- Wellness Promotion/Sports Medicine
Program Department Chair
- Agriculture Business, Leadership, and Education
- Animal Veterinary Science
- Biotechnology Laboratory Assistant
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Education, Elementary
- Education, Secondary
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Exercise Science
- General Education
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Science and Public Health
- Liberal Arts
- Media Arts
- Military Science (Army ROTC)
- Nursing, Professional
- Political Science
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- Sign Language Studies
- Social Work
- Studio Art
- Transportation Management