Taking Cash or Card Payments for Fundraisers
If clubs want the ability to offer change for cash purchases and/or would like the ability to take card payments then please indicate this need when completing the Purchase Request for Supplies, Fundraisers, and Events form.
Change Fund (Cash Box) Procedures for Student Clubs and other one-time events:
- Change Funds must be requested through the event request process. If your event requires a cash box, request it in the Fundraising Section. This will forward the request to the Student Engagement Office for review. Once approved, it is the club's responsibility to respond to student accounts emails regarding a scheduled pickup and return of cash box.
- The Student Accounts Cashier will provide a cash box, change fund, and change fund/petty cash action form. The Student Accounts Cashier and club advisor or designated club officer must each verify the amount and sign change fund/petty cash action form to check out the funds. The club will be responsible for the return of funds in the amount listed on the change fund/petty cash action form. Reminder: do not deposit the funds you received for the cash box.
- The Deposit Form and the funds from the event must be turned into the Student Accounts Cashier. The Student Accounts Cashier and club advisor or designated club officer must each count and confirm the amount that will be deposited to the account printed on the deposit form.
- Revenue over $200 needs to be deposited at one of the One Stops within one (1) business day.
- Revenue less than $200 needs to be deposited at a One Stop with three (3) business days.
- Reminder: do not deposit the funds you received for the cash box.