Recognized Clubs & Organizations, with a faculty/staff member supervising them, may arrange to hold bake sale on the College of Western Idaho Campuses. All food preparation must be in alignment with relevant health guidelines and will be subject to the same conditions as other student-run events with food service.
The entity that is putting on the Bake Sale must limit what is sold to the following items:
- Non-potentially hazardous, ready-to-eat foods produced in a licensed food establishment or food processing plant (such-as premixed soda pop, powdered creamer, pretzels, cookies, doughnuts, cakes), that are served without direct hand contact, with limited portioning, directly onto or into sanitary single-use articles, or single service articles, from the original package
- Non-potentially hazardous hot beverages (such as coffee, tea, apple cider), served directly into sanitary single-service articles
- Pre-packaged frozen confections produced in a licensed food establishment or food processing plant
- Foods that are non-potentially hazardous baked goods, are prepared in a residential kitchen in a private home or other location, and wrapped in a sanitary manner for sale or service
- Commercially made caramel apples
- Cotton Candy
- Machine-crushed ice drinks with non-potentially hazardous ingredients (e.g., slurpies, ices, slushies)
- Popcorn and flavored popcorn with butter and/or shake-on toppings
NOTE: for any items prepared in a residential kitchen in a private home:
- Food must be wrapped in clear covering and visible.
- Food must be clearly labeled and include ingredients.
- Consumers must be in/armed by a clearly visible placecard at the sale or service location that “the foods were prepared in a kitchen that is not inspected by the Idaho Department of Health.”