OP 110 - Campus Closure
To establish authority and process in determining and communicating a campus closure due to natural or human caused emergencies including but not limited to, inclement weather, utility failure, fire, floods, threat or other forced evacuations.
Applies to all CWI campuses.
Campus: All CWI locations, including classes and office operations.
Closure: Shut-down of all operations of the College at a specific location or the entire CWI Campus.
Emergency: An event that is a Threat Level Yellow, Orange, or Red, or a weather related event significantly impacting the safety of the College, its personnel and students.
Crisis Management Team: President’s Cabinet, Executive Director Facilities Planning and Management.
Crisis Communication Team: EVP Instruction & Student Services, Executive Director Facilities Planning and Management, Director Communications & Marketing.
The Crisis Management Team has the authority to close college campuses, operations and/or support offices in cases of emergency. The Timely Warning and Emergency Notification Standard Operating Procedure and all appropriate communication channels will be used to inform the campus community of a closure. The Crisis Communication Team will be responsible for informing the campus community, media and any external audiences as deemed appropriate. This team will also provide updates as directed by the Crisis Management Team.
Campus Operation Policies
- OP 000 - Real Property Acquisitions
- OP 010 - Campus and Building Signage
- OP 020 - Capital Construction
- OP 030 - Construction Activities
- OP 040 - Environmental Health And Safety
- OP 050 - Firearms And Weapons On Campus
- OP 060 - Security
- OP 070 - Space Use
- OP 080 - Sustainable Energy And Environment
- OP 090 - Transportation
- OP 110 - Campus Closure
- OP 120 - Facility Request
- OP 130 - Securing CWI Property
- OP 150 - Office Space Allocation
- OP 160 - Emergency Management
- OP 170 - Communicable Disease
- OP 180 - Catastrophic Event Policy
- OP 190 - Campus Posting Policy