The College of Western Idaho administers student aid from three major sources, federal, state, and institutional, as well as a variety of “outside” scholarship resources.  Each has a different and distinct application process.

Federal Aid - All students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on paper or online. College of Western Idaho participates in federal financial aid programs using a special CWI federal school code 042118. FAFSA applications are available entirely online at Continuing students should reapply after January 1 each year.

State Aid - Residents of the State of Idaho may also be eligible for a variety of scholarships or grants offered under the direction of the Office of the State Board of Education and the College of Western Idaho. Some Idaho scholarships require an application directly to the Office of the State Board of Education while some are administered by the College of Western Idaho. All Idaho residents should complete the federal FAFSA application and apply for Idaho scholarships through the State Board of Education at  CWI distributes state grants and scholarships administered by the college (campus based programs) according to the rules and regulations defined by the Office of the State Board of Education.

Institutional Aid - College of Western Idaho offers a variety of tuition waivers and scholarships to students participating in school clubs, organizations, and programs. Tuition waivers and scholarships are offered by individual departments and interested students should contact each department for application instructions or information concerning the availability of aid.

“Outside” Scholarships - There are many other sources of student financial aid available through private foundations, companies, service clubs, or other organizations that are not directly managed by the College of Western Idaho. All students should seek out and apply for any source of financial assistance available. Many scholarships require separate applications.