Get a head start on your future success while earning money to pay for your education as a work-study student at College of Western Idaho (CWI). Part-time, hourly work-study positions on campus and in the community are not only a financial benefit but can help you gain valuable work experience and skills to help you throughout your college experience and beyond!
As a work-study student, you can:
- gain valuable, real-world, work experience for your resume
- work around your class schedule
- network with experienced professionals
- try different jobs, fields, and careers
- connect with the CWI campus community
Work-study positions are available to current students who are:
- enrolled in at least once class at CWI each semester
- determined eligible by the Financial Aid office
- offered work-study funding as part of their financial aid award
Each work-study recipient is awarded a specific amount for the academic year.
Work-study award amounts depend on:
- availability of work-study funds
- financial need
- availability of other types of grant or scholarship aid
- enrollment plans (e.g., full-time or part-time)
Wage & Pay
- The hourly wage for each position is listed in the position description and will be at least the federal minimum wage.
- Work-study students will receive a paycheck on the 10th and 25th of each month for hours worked.
1. Complete the FAFSA (optional)
To participate in the federal Work-Study Program, students are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to maximize your work-study options.
State work-study positions are also available and do not require completion of the FAFSA.
2. Find a Job
Upon notification of your eligibility for work-study via email, contact the Work-Based Learning Center to browse current jobs and find a position that interests you and aligns with your educational goals.
3. Get Hired
Once you are selected for a work-study position, you will receive a an email from Human Resources (HR) with new hire paperwork including a request for a background check.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email to complete required paperwork and a background check.
- Once completed, contact HR at email@example.com to finalize your employment.
- Identification will be required to verify your eligibility to work in the United States.
Contact HR with questions or assistance getting started.