Effective: July 16, 2019
Last Reviewed: December 27, 2022
Last Revision: March 15, 2023
The responsibilities of the Board are outlined in Idaho Code and the College of Western Idaho Board Governance Policies, adopted July 2015. In addition, Trustee responsibilities include the following:
- To communicate promptly to the President and Board Chair any significant concern.
- To help enhance the public image of the College and the Board.
- To foster openness and trust among the Board, system leaders, institutions, state government, and the public.
- To maintain respect for the opinions of one’s colleagues.
- To maintain the highest ethical standards and disclose and address any real or potential personal conflict of interest.
Board of Trustees Handbook
- Institutional History
- Trustee Elections
- Trustee Authority
- Trustee Responsibilities
- Trustee Officers
- Trustee Vacancies
- Trustee Meetings
- Communication By Trustees
- Trustee Education
- Trustee Travel
- Conflicts Of Interest
- Policy Development and Approval
- Evaluation of the Board and the President