You are here

Get a head start on your future success while earning money to pay for your education as a work-study student at College of Western Idaho (CWI). Part-time, hourly work-study positions on campus and in the community are not only a financial benefit but can help you gain valuable work experience and skills to help you throughout your college experience and beyond!


As a work-study student, you can:

  • gain valuable, real-world, work experience for your resume
  • work around your class schedule
  • network with experienced professionals
  • try different jobs, fields, and careers
  • connect with the CWI campus community

Application Process

  • 1. Complete the FAFSA (optional)

    To participate in the federal Work-Study Program, students are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to maximize your work-study options.

    State work-study positions are also available and do not require completion of the FAFSA. 

  • 2. Express Interest

    To be considered for a work-study position, please complete the work-study application prior to applying for any work-study jobs. 

    Once you have completed the work-study application, the Financial Aid office will review your request and send you a notification regarding your work-study eligibility.

    Apply for Work-Study 

  • 3. Find a Job

    Upon notification of your eligibility for work-study, you may browse current work-study jobs to find a position that interests you and aligns with your educational goals.

    • Select View Job to learn more about the job, schedule, hourly wage, responsibilities, and qualifications.
    • Select Apply Now to apply for the position. 

    Browse Current Work-Study Jobs

  • 4. Get Hired

    Once you are selected for a work-study position, you will receive a an email from Human Resources (HR) with new hire paperwork including a request for a background check. 

    • Follow the instructions provided in the email to complete required paperwork and a background check. 
    • Once completed, contact HR at to finalize your employment. 
    • Identification will be required to verify your eligibility to work in the United States.

    Contact HR with questions or assistance getting started. 

    Financial Aid Questions Get Video Answers Here