CWI News—July 9, 2021
With continued work on the new College of Western Idaho (CWI) brand, the next round of assets have been made available in the Employee Resources > Communications and Marketing > Resources section on myCWI. This most recent update includes the following items:
- PowerPoint templates
- Zoom backgrounds
- Styling guide for building HTML-based emails
- Name Badges / Name Plates (moved to this new section)
- Promotional Items
New assets will continue to be added on myCWI as they become available. Questions related to the brand initiative can be directed to email@example.com.
Empower your future at College of Western Idaho (CWI) – your community college! Earn a degree in-person, online, or a combination of both. CWI offers a wealth of options for all lifestyles and schedules, allowing you time to focus on what matters most.
Important Dates, Fall 2021 Semester
- July 31 – Financial Aid Priority Deadline
- Aug. 6 – Scholarship Application Deadline
- Aug. 14 – Admission Deadline
- Aug. 20 – Registration Deadline, Tuition and Fees Due
- Aug. 23 – Fall 2021 Classes Begin
Get started today!
Complete your application, register for classes, and apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Applications and necessary documentation must be received prior to the admission deadline in order to be accepted for fall semester.
- All new, degree-seeking students must also participate in New Student Orientation prior to registering for classes.
Contact One Stop Student Services or visit us online with questions or to learn more.
The individual goal setting start date has been moved from July 1 to Aug. 15 to allow more time for the calibration of the Fiscal Year 2022 Operational Reports & Assessment Plans before employees begin the process of setting their annual goals.
The revised timeline, below, will also give employees additional time to create and complete the goal-setting process.
- Employee creates goals: Aug. 15
- Employee goals due: Sept. 12
- Manager reviews goals by Oct. 10
- Employee acknowledgment due: Oct. 17
Employees can access a self-directed tutorial for the PageUp goal setting process prior to the launching of the form via the link below. Managers are encouraged to meet with their employees, but not required.
Please direct any PageUp related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org - and one of our HR team members will respond as quickly as possible.
College of Western Idaho (CWI) and the American Red Cross are hosting two upcoming blood drives on the Nampa Campus and the Ada County Campus.
The drives will take place in Nampa on July 22 and Ada County Campus on July 23, both from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Join us by scheduling an appointment today!
Site: CWI Nampa Campus Academic Building (NCAB); 5500 E Opportunity Drive, Nampa Campus, Nampa, ID, 83687
Room: NCAB 122
Date: July 22, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Click here to make an appointment
Site: Ada County Campus Pintail Center (APIN)
Address: 1360 S. Eagle Flight Way, Ada Campus, Boise, ID, 83709
Room: APIN 1125
Date: July 23, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Click here to make an appointment
Spots are filling up quickly so please make sure you are signed up. If you have any questions, please contact Harrison Watts at email@example.com.
Microsoft is phasing out Skype for Business on July 31, and College of Western Idaho's (CWI) IT team will be launching Microsoft Teams as a replacement.
The College will be using Teams, an all-in-one collaboration and communication solution, integrating chat (IM), online meetings, and calling – the IT team will be rolling out additional features for Teams in the future. Over the coming weeks, CWI will shift to Teams as our primary chatting solution. Until then, you will have access to both Teams and Skype for Business, enabling you to get comfortable with Teams while retaining the familiarity of Skype for Business.
How can I use Teams to chat with others?
- Send a chat to any contact in your Outlook contact list or Skype for Business, even when they are offline
- Initiate and participate in group conversations to quickly share ideas
- Make and receive calls anywhere, anytime and across devices
- Insert memes and giphys, making communication fun and interactive
- Capture and share an image with contacts quickly for simplified sharing of visuals
- Access persistent conversation history to easily pick up a conversation at any time
- June 28 – Teams will be available for download. You will need to either be on campus or using VPN in order to install. See FAQ 255 if you have never configured your VPN. Communication will come out on June 28 with more details.
- June 28 - July 31 – Get comfortable using Teams while still having the capability of using Skype. You will only be able to utilize Team chats with others who have also downloaded Teams.
- July 31 – Skype for Business functionality for all users will be shut off.
As with all communications at the College, messages sent on Microsoft Teams are subject to Idaho’s Public Records Law.
Learn more about chatting in Teams by reviewing the Microsoft Quick Start Guide or by attending a live training. An email was sent on Monday, June 28, with more information about downloading Microsoft Teams.
Welcome to the following individuals who are new to the College. We are happy to have you here and look forward to working with you!
- Bradley Mosell – Teacher, Basic Skills
- David Mangiafridda – Sr. LockSmith/Access Systems, Facilities
- Dominique Banner – Faculty, Math & Science
- Noel Bolduc – ESL Teacher, Basic Skills Education
- Anna Tovar – Teacher, Basic Skills
- Bhakti Gogate – IT Business Intelligence
- Brent Rowning – Sr. Assessment & Testing Specialist, Student Affairs
- Danielle Persinger – Librarian, Collection Mgmt, Learning Commons
- Heather Grayson – Director, Student Support Services, Student Affairs
- Leslie Quantie – Compensation Program Manager, Human Resources
- Luis Caloca – Dean, Enrollment & Student Services
Employees can access Internal Job Postings or visit Careers at CWI to view all external listings. Upon application submittal, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, check your "Junk/Spam" folder, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify receipt of your application.