What technical knowledge will help me succeed at taking online courses?
Before registering for an online course, you should be able to answer YES to the following questions.
Computer Use and Time Management
Are you comfortable with using computers? You should be able to:
- Easily access, send and receive e-mail.
- Attach documents to send in an e-mail.
- Identify different file types such as a .doc, .txt, .jpg, etc., and know what those extensions mean.
- Perform searches for information on the Internet.
- Easily switch between applications such as email, Microsoft Word, and a PDF reader.
Do you have good time management skills? You will need to:
- Schedule sufficient time each week to complete all of your coursework.
- Adjust daily routines so you can study when you are alert and can focus on your coursework.
- Revise your weekly schedule to ensure you can submit assignments before their due dates.
Communication, Teamwork and Motivation
- Can you easily put your ideas in writing?
- Is interacting with other students important to you?
- Are you a self-starter, and can you assert yourself to complete tasks?
- 1 of 2
- next ›