Do my previously earned college credits still count?
Biology (Anatomy and Physiology) and math requirements must have been completed within 7 years of application to the Practical Nursing Program.
Math Class Option:
For students to show competency in math courses that are seven (7) years or older, students may choose to do the following:
- Schedule a time to take the Math Diagnostic Test at the Assessment and Testing Center (minimum 12-hour advance scheduling is required) by visiting www.cwi.edu/exam
- Select your preferred testing site, Placement Testing, Admissions Placement Testing and Math Placement.
- Students will need to show mastery of units 1-4 on the diagnostic. This is done by achieving a score of 80% or higher on Units 0, 1, & 2 and a score of 70% or higher on Units 3 &4
- Upon successful completion, students will receive a print out from the testing center to confirm status. This form MUST be included in the application packet.
Please note, you may repeat the test once but will need permission from the department chair of math to take the assessment a third time.
Science Class Options:
For students to show competency in the BIOL 127 course that are seven (7) years or older there are a few options:
1. Courses which have exceeded the seven-year window may be considered for points on the Practical Nursing Program application by demonstrating current competency by successfully completing a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
Exams related to the lab component of these courses are not required for demonstration of current proficiency.
- Schedule a time to take the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) at the Assessment and Testing Center (minimum 12-hour advance scheduling is required) by visitingwww.cwi.edu/exam
- Select your preferred testing site, CWI Student Exams and Challenge Exams/Prior Learning Assessment and then select BIOL 127 Prior Learning Assessment,
- A nominal fee is required at the time of scheduling.
- Students can retake the exam with at least one week between attempts on any given course. Repeated attempts are assessed with the fee each time; students should be prepared to pay the fee at the time of retake.
- The proficiency exam will not change the original grade the student earned in the course rather show competency for science courses outside the seven-year timeframe.
- Students who earn 85% on the exam will receive an email from the department chair confirming their successful pass
- Submit a copy of the email confirming your successful pass in your nursing application which will allow the original course(s) and grade(s) to count in the application points
- 1 of 2
- next ›