College of Western Idaho (CWI) uses placement tests to check academic skill levels of students and place them in the correct course level. Course and Program Placement tests are available to students planning to take degree credit and certificate courses at the College.
Accepted Placement Exams
- Advanced Placement (AP) (Students must work with teachers/counselors at their High School to see which courses are offered through their school. Only Math and English are accepted for placement purposes.)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- CWI Write Class (English) Placement
- CWI Math Placement
- College Math or English courses taken at other Colleges or Universities