College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to providing its students and employees a drug and alcohol free workplace and learning environment. Toward that end, CWI prohibits the unlawful possession, use, manufacture, or distribution of unauthorized drugs and alcohol in the workplace, on the campuses, or at any CWI activities. There are many people whose job, academic performance, and productivity are adversely affected by their dependence on drugs and alcohol. To address this issue, CWI strives to:
- Educate students and employees about alcohol and drug abuse in an effort to encourage responsible decisions around their use,
- Intervene on behalf of students and employees who have experienced negative consequences around alcohol and drugs so as to reduce the harm and manage the risks associated with their use,
- Support students and employees who are in recovery from substance abuse and addiction,
- Promote constructive lifestyles and norms that discourage alcohol and drug abuse, and
- Develop social and physical environments that facilitate alcohol and drug abuse-free lifestyles.
As part of the commitment to the provision of high quality and effective service to our students, employees, and the public, CWI provides a drug and alcohol abuse prevention program. The program is accessible to all members of the college community. CWI is committed to the dissemination of drug and alcohol awareness information to students, faculty, and all employees.