College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) food and hygiene pantries are a vital source of support for our campus community. As our students may know, focusing on your studies while wondering where your next meal is coming from is difficult. As finals week and the end of Fall 2022 semester approaches, CWI is looking to fill all five of the College’s food pantries to help keep our students fed and focused on their education.
In 2019, a CWI survey revealed that 40% of our students have experienced food insecurities, which negatively impacts student success. Research shows by supporting students with on-campus food pantries it helps promote positive student development, retention, and graduation.
Food Pantry locations
- Nampa Campus Academic Building (NCAB) near Room 122
- Nampa Campus Micron Education Center (NMEC) near Room 116
- Canyon County Center (CYNC) near Room 106
- Ada County Mallard Building (AMAL) near Room 1122
- Ada County Pintail Building (APIN) near Room 1117
Let’s show students how much we care by stocking the pantries for these final weeks of the semester. For your convenience, a donation box has been placed at the security desk or near the front door of most CWI campus locations. CWI will be collecting items Monday, Nov. 28 through Friday Dec. 2.
Needed food items:
- instant soups (ramen, mac-n-cheese or other instant meals)
- pull-top cans or pouches of tuna, chicken, other meats
- pull-top canned soups, chili, ravioli Individual-sized applesauce or fruit cups and pouches
- granola bars and similar snack items
- small jars of peanut butter
- individual size bags of jerky, crackers, trail mix, nuts, and dried fruit
- instant oatmeal
- individual-sized juices and milk boxes that do not require refrigeration
Grab-and-go lunch items and snacks are the most utilized items. Canned vegetables, pastas, sauces, and other items a person might take home to make a meal do not move as quickly through our pantries.
- plastic silverware (no knives please)
- paper bowls (no Styrofoam)
- toothpaste and toothbrushes
- shampoo and conditioner
- soap and body wash
- razors and shaving cream
- feminine hygiene products
- hairbrushes and combs
The food pantry cannot accept perishable, expired, or opened items.