As a new school semester begins around the Treasure Valley, College of Western Idaho (CWI) Bookstore wants to help relieve some of the load for back-to-school purchases for a local elementary school. CWI Bookstore will be collecting donated school supplies through the end of January to support students at Central Elementary School in Nampa.
CWI Bookstore sees a high number of students and faculty members visit their location at Nampa Campus Micron Education Center (NMEC) as they get ready for the upcoming Spring semester. Bookstore Manager, Stephanie Walker, thought it would be a great idea to start a donation drive to present an opportunity for the entire CWI Community to purchase school supplies for younger students, as they buy supplies for themselves.
- Crayons, 24 Count
- #2 Pencils, 12 Pack
- Scissors 5" Kids - blunt/rounded
- Glue Sticks
- Loose Leaf/Filler Paper, Wide Ruled 100 sheets or more
- Eraser(s), Paper Mate® Pink Pearl
- Composition Notebook (no spirals)
- Pocket Folders
- School Supply Box / Pencil Box (Plastic or bag)
- Dry Erase Markers, Low Odor, Thin/Fine Tip, black, and one chisel tip
- Boxed Colored Pencils
- Highlighters, Assorted Colors
- Pens, Blue or Black
- 1" - 2" 3-Ring Binder
- Loose Leaf/Filler Paper, College Ruled 100 sheets or more
Used items cannot be accepted. Students may not utilize federal financial aid to purchase items to donate.
CWI Bookstore will also donate backpacks to fill up with the collected supplies to give to students at Central Elementary School.
Students, faculty, and staff are all invited to participate in donating items to the Bookstore’s drive.
For those with questions or in need of more information, contact Stephanie Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.