Employment for International Students

You are here

Working without the right authorization is a serious violation of your student visa status. While attending College of Western Idaho (CWI), it is your responsibility to comply with all regulations that apply to F-1 students.

If you have any questions about work authorization, please contact internationalservices@cwi.edu.


On-Campus Employment

To be eligible for on-campus employment at CWI, international students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 or above. 

  • Eligible students may not work more than 20 hours per week while school is in session.
  • Students may be employed full-time on campus only during holidays and summer vacation, provided they are eligible and are registered for the next semester.
  • Students may not be employed on campus after they have completed a program of study unless they have applied for and have been granted written permission to engage in a type of employment that CIS called Optional Practical Training (OPT).