Important Proctoring Information
- All exams must be taken under the supervision of an acceptable proctor. Below is the lists of proctor qualifications.
- Exam information will be sent directly to the proctor by email.
- Students living within 50 miles of a CWI Testing Services location will not be eligible for distance proctoring.
- It is the student’s responsibility to find a proctor. If a student is unable to find a qualified proctor, they may contact Testing Services for suggestions.
- All distant proctors must be approved prior to testing. For proctor approval, submit the CWI Distance Test Proctor Request Form (DTPRF).
- Please allow up to 48 business hours for processing once we receive your request.
- If your request is received after normal business hours, your request will be treated as being received the next business day
- Please submit a new DTPRF form a minimum of two business days prior to your appointment for EACH exam needing to be proctored elsewhere.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the proctor and set up exam appointments.
- The student is responsible for any fees incurred for testing at an off-campus location.
- Fees are not reimbursed by CWI
- All proctors require valid, government-issued ID in order to test (such as a driver's license, state identification card, or passport booklet). Please verify with your proctor what will be required and have it ready at their request. Some outside institutions or entities may not accept a CWI Student ID Card.
- A proctor must be willing to certify that they will follow the exam instructions and that they do not know the student personally or professionally.
- Verify the identity of the student with a valid government issued or CWI student identification prior to every exam.
- Students without proper identification must be turned away.
- Ensure no unauthorized materials or websites will be accessed during the exam. If these items are discovered, the exam should be ended and CWI Testing Services should be contacted.
- Monitor the student during the duration of the exam.
- The student must work independently and is only allowed to use materials listed under Allowed Materials.
- Secure exam information and do not pass any exam information to another proctoring location outside of your institution.
- Upon completion, THE PROCTOR will return a Test Verification Form, all scratch paper, and the exam by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Test Verification form will be sent to the proctor once they have been approved.
- The student should not be in possession of the exam at any time.
Personal friends, family members, and co-workers are not approved proctors.
You will be expected to test at a testing center unless there is not one within 20 miles of your location. In that event, we may approve one of the following positions. If we find a testing center nearby, we may refer you to them instead of the proctor you chose.
- College or university
- Department Head
- Counseling Center
- Private or public school
- Department Head
- City, county, etc.
- Certified Librarian at a local Library
- United States Armed Forces Educational Services Officer