This course is perfect for beginning mechanics or those who have been in the field but need to brush up on their electrical systems and trouble-shooting knowledge. The concepts covered in this class will help you with electrical troubleshooting for any transportation vehicle, whether it be diesel, automotive, heavy equipment, or small engine.
DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- 12 hours total in-class and hands-on lab time
You will learn the basic electrical concepts and fundamentals associated with any transportation engine. You will gain knowledge in the principles of electricity, magnetism, and Ohm’s Law. Your time will be spent focusing on:
- Lighting circuits (series, parallel, and series-parallel)
- Starting motors
- Charging systems, and accessories.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Identify components
- Test systems
- Repair minor electrical problems according to manufacturer’s literature.
Workforce Development at College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term, credit free classes with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho that are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in the topics they teach.
Requirements and Costs
Minimum Age Requirement16
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
- Course Fee: $295
- The price includes instructor-led training, classroom handouts, and hands-on lab practice.
Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
- Diesel Mechanics
- Heavy Equipment Mechanics
- Diesel Operators
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Electrical Systems Technician
- Professional Truck Drivers
- Applied Technology and Apprenticeship
- Certified Electronics Tech (CET)
- Computer Drafting
- Construction Career Launcher
- Construction Site Erosion Control
- DC Electrical Troubleshooting
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Upgrade Training
- FANUC Robotics
- Flagging for Traffic Control
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVAC Upgrade Training
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Upgrade Training
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Welding - Short Term Training Classes