Do you know student leaders, student clubs, or a club advisor deserving of recognition for their passion, compassion and accomplishments? Nominate them for a Leadership Award!
Nominations for College of Western Idaho's (CWI) Student Leadership Awards are now open! These awards seek to recognize the achievements of outstanding student leaders for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to CWI and the community. There is also an award for a club advisor! Through these awards, CWI hopes to acknowledge and celebrate inspiring people who have made a meaningful impact on campus life and in the community, while creating a lasting legacy.
This year’s awards are:
- Club of the Year Award – This award is presented to an organization that has demonstrated excellence in all areas of community engagement, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and leadership development.
- Community Service Program of the Year Award – This award recognizes a program that has engaged students through service while it encouraged them to selflessly serve beyond the program.
- Outstanding Officer of the Year Award –This award recognizes a student leader who has demonstrated exceptional leadership throughout their term of office and has enhanced participation and involvement within their club, the campus, and the community.
- Quiet Influence Award –This award recognizes a person who has contributed to their club and campus community in a meaningful yet behind-the-scenes way.
- Rising Leadership Award – This award will honor a first-year student who does not need a title to fill a leadership role. Throughout the school year, this student has shown a new-found commitment to serve the CWI campus and community side by side with the elected student leaders and administration/employees of the campus. This student can be found helping to complete tasks while modeling the core values and mission of the College. The student shows promise in continuing to exemplify growth and development as a leader.
- Social Program of the Year Award – This award recognizes a program/event(s) that has contributed to a sense of community on campus and has encouraged students to come together and meaningfully engage with one another and/or the Ada County/Canyon County communities.
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award – This award recognizes an advisor who has excelled in providing support and assistance to a club. The recipient has devoted time and service that has played a key role in the club’s success.
- Trailblazing Leadership Award – This award will recognize a second-year or graduating or transferring student leader who has engaged themselves in a significant leadership role on campus. This award is for a student who has come to CWI with leadership experience or has developed leadership skills through the many opportunities the campus offers. Through their involvement, recipients have shown ambition to improve campus life and strengthen the Treasure Valley community.
Nominations will remain open through Tuesday, March 14. Award recipients will be announced at the 2024 Student Leadership Banquet on Friday, April 26, at the Jack’s Urban Meeting Place (JUMP).
For those with questions or in need of more information, please contact Sitlaly Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.