Are you interested in a career in healthcare? College of Western Idaho (CWI) has a variety of Health Science programs available to prepare you for an exciting and rewarding career in this growing industry.
Applications are now open for Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 semesters. Applications must be submitted by the deadlines. Visit individual program pages linked below for information, application instructions specific to each program, and assistance.
SPECIAL PROGRAM APPLICATIONS
Summer 2023 Start
- Surgical Technology – Nov. 1 to April 7
Fall 2023 Start
- Professional Nursing – Feb. 13 to May 19
- Occupational Therapy Assistant – March 1 to April 30
- Physical Therapist Assistant – March 27 to May 18
Have questions or need help?
- Contact your Student Advisor.
- Visit CWI's Health Sciences page for more information and program contact information.
- Attend a Virtual Healthcare Information Session.
Healthcare Career Opportunities
Careers in the healthcare field have some of the greatest need as our communities continue to grow. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Overall employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 13 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations; this increase is expected to result in about 2 million new jobs over the decade. In addition to new jobs from growth, opportunities arise from the need to replace workers who leave their occupations permanently. About 1.9 million openings each year, on average, are projected to come from growth and replacement needs.”