The flu season has arrived! Protect yourself and those around you.
The flu spreads through tiny droplets made through coughing, sneezing, or talking. The droplets can travel about six feet and can land in the mouths or noses of others nearby. Symptoms can range from mild to severe.
Steps you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones:
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- Periodically wash your hands and sanitize surfaces.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth avoiding the use of your hands.
Learn about the flu vaccine and decide if this is the right step for you by visiting the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s seasonal flu vaccine informational page.
Immunizations are available at several locations across Idaho. Contact your local public health districts, your primary doctor, or visit a local pharmacy to schedule an immunization.
Get free at-home COVID-19 tests this winter
Beginning Monday, Sept. 25, consumers can once again get four (4) free coronavirus home tests delivered directly to their home.
What you need to know:
- Limit of one order per residential address.
- One order includes four (4) individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests.
For more information on COVID testing, visit the federal government's online resource page.