Fire drills have been completed at each of the College’s campus locations for the Fall 2023 semester.
Each campus evacuated quickly and efficiently utilizing the evacuation routes specific to their area. The Floor Captains did an outstanding job of clearing their assigned areas and reporting to the centralized location in a calm professional manner.
Fire drills are used to identify various elements in our process, such as:
- Allowing occupants to familiarize themselves with drill procedures, the location of fire exits, and the sound of the fire alarm.
- Allowing occupants to familiarize themselves with exit routes and safe assembly areas.
- Identifying problems with the fire alarm components.
- Identify any weaknesses in the evacuation strategy, communications, and procedures.
- Determining if additional equipment is necessary in certain areas of the building.
- Monitoring individual’s response time to the alarms.
- Observe any hazards that were overseen.
- Observe if additional training is needed to individuals.
- Monitoring the amount of time, it takes to evacuate a building.
- Observe which exits are generally used.
- Note any suggestions/ideas for future drills.
These drills are to prepare students, faculty, and staff for an organized evacuation in case of a fire or other emergency.
Familiarize yourself with how to respond to other emergencies by reviewing the Emergency Handbook.