The 2019 Connections Project was a huge success, with more than 100 student participants! The event, held April 25 at College of Western Idaho’s Nampa Campus Academic Building, showcased a wide variety of student work including posters, art work, videos, websites, and presentations.
The following students were recipients of this year’s Connections Excellence Awards which included a cash prize:
Posters – Inspire Category
Posters that inspire others to learn more or take action.
- 1st Place – Charity Watson, "Social Media Distractions Affect Traits Differently Across Generations"
- 2nd Place – Jennifer Herrera, "Clostridioides Difficile"
- 3rd Place – Ashley Bryant, "Hantavirus and You"
Posters – Connect Category
Posters that explore existing connections between or within communities, cultures, or disciplines.
- 1st Place – Charity Watson, "Instagram's Global Impact on Pathology of Vulnerable Populations"
- 2nd Place (tie) – Cassie Woodard, "The Hula Girl's Impact on Hawaii" and Timothy Lobb, "Nike Campaigns for Gender Equality Saudi Arabia"
- Brianna Tomaskovich-Valdez, "Selected Poems"
- Elizabeth Carter, "Social Media and Its Effects on Mental Health"
Other Cool Stuff Category
- Ashley Hughes, website and presentation "Let's Talk About Sex"
Congratulations to all of the participants on a job well done!