Data Center Move
This week, an email notification was sent to all College of Western Idaho (CWI) employees and students regarding an upcoming Information Technology (IT) services outage required for the move of CWI’s data center equipment to a new facility. IT will be sending additional communication leading up to the move. As a reminder, the outage window for the move is scheduled to begin on March 21 at 5 p.m. and is expected to continue for at least 24 hours.
The CWI systems that will be unavailable during the outage include:
- Help Desk (phones, website, and email)
- CWI Website
- Email (incoming email will be delivered when service is restored)
- File Shares
The important work that IT is doing will allow the College to:
- reduce overall and long term costs;
- implement multiple Internet service providers to increase reliability;
- implement a fiber optic network between sites to significantly increase network speed and reliability;
- and prepare the network for implementation of a second data center for increased reliability and disaster recovery.
Once all services are restored and tested on Sunday, March 22, an email notification will be distributed.
Office 365 Migration
All migrations of Office 365 are complete. IT would like to thank everyone for their patience during this migration and although there were a few issues, overall the migration went very well. Anyone experiencing an issue with their email should report it to Helpdesk at email@example.com or 208.562.3444.