College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Information Technology Department is making a change this weekend that will return Distribution Group (DG) management to those authorized to do so, without requiring a Help Desk ticket. This change will affect all users who send to DG’s. Please follow the steps below to ensure a smooth transition.
Outlook users can ensure emails sent to a DG are delivered by following the Clear Auto-Complete instructions.
Outlook Web Access users may have to clear the address cache to remove old entries for DG addresses. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Create a new email.
- Start typing the name of the desired address in the To or CC field.
- When the desired address appears in the search window, hover over the name and click the X next to the name. Names must be cleared one at a time.
- Type in the address for the DG or Search the Directory for the DG name.
This update can take about 24 hours to fully complete. It is best not to email to DG’s from 5 p.m. Friday to about 5 p.m. Saturday. If an email must be sent to a DG over the weekend, follow these instructions to use the current DG in Outlook:
- Open Outlook
- Create a new email
- Select the To… or Cc… button
- Type in the address for the DG or Search the Directory for the DG name
Bounce back emails mean one of the steps above was missed. Please feel free to call the Help Desk at 208.562.3444 with any questions and for assistance.