As of July 31, 2021, Skype functionality has been turned off. Employees will no longer be able to login to Skype for Business and will use Microsoft Teams for chat and collaboration.
What to expect once you are upgraded:
- You will no longer be able to sign into Skype for Business
- You will receive all chats (IMs) in Microsoft Teams
- You will no longer be able to create new Skype for Business meetings, however, you can still join existing Skype for Business meetings.
What will happen to all my Skype for Business data (contacts, conversation history, etc.) once my account is upgraded to Teams?
- Your past conversations, calls, and voicemails can be viewed from your Conversation History folder in Outlook (dependent on user’s settings)
- Your Skype for Business contacts will be available in Teams under the Calls tab
- Your Skype for Business meetings can be accessed from your Outlook calendar or from the Meetings tab in Teams.
Call to Action:
- Use Teams as your primary tool for chat
- Utilize FAQ 444 in order to initiate your first chat!
- View the Microsoft Quick Start Guide and online training for help using Teams
- Initiate all chats (IMs) in Teams
- (Optional) Reschedule any Skype for Business meetings to Teams
As with all communications at the College, messages sent on Microsoft Teams are subject to Idaho’s Public Records Law.
If you have questions about this upgrade, please contact the HelpDesk or call 208.562.3444.