Thank you for your patience as College of Western Idaho (CWI) wrapped up the final phase of the .edu transition this past week!
In addition to the .edu transition, Information Technology (IT) has completed several upgrades across campus to support faculty and staff in delivering high-quality education to students including:
- Increasing Blackboard’s storage capacity
- Implementing a new tool to allow staff to set up call forwarding from office phones remotely
- Expanding the number of web conferencing ready rooms across campuses
- Increasing the number of VPN and Zoom licenses
- Deploying approximately 80% of hardware in storage including laptops, monitors, cameras, etc.
- Working with vendors to purchase additional equipment
- Increasing the load balancing (tool used to manage system traffic) capabilities of Blackboard and myCWI
Please note: Due to the .edu transition and these upgrades, account settings on your personal phone may need to be updated if you are experiencing issues with your work or student email no longer working. Please review our FAQs for Apple and Android to learn more.
IT encourages business units and individual staff to request any additional needs through a Help Desk ticket. To improve turnaround times, employees should include supervisor/management approval when submitting requests on their own.