How do I change my password for PCs, Blackboard, & e-mail?
There are two ways to change your password.
Log onto a CWI domain computer with your current username and password.
- Once logged on, press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
- In the Windows Security window, click Change Password.
- In the Change Password window, in the Old Password box, type the password you are currently using.
- In the New Password box, type the password you would like to start using.
- In the Confirm New Password box, type your new password again.
- Click OK.
- Once the message stating your password has been changed successfully has appeared, click OK.
- Log off of the computer, and log back in with your new password.
New passwords must comply with the below complexity requirements.
- Cannot contain the users first or last name
- Must be at least 8 characters in length
Must contain at least one character from at least three of four sets of characters:
- A through Z
- a through z
- 0 through 9
- Symbols such!@#$%^&*
- You can only change your password once within 24 hours
- You must have 24 unique passwords before you re-use an old password.