Returning Students

You are here

Were you previously admitted to College of Western Idaho (CWI) — excluding dual credit — but have not taken classes for more than six semesters or two years?

Welcome back!

  • Restart your journey by applying for admission and completing the steps outlined below.
  • Still deciding on which degree or certificate you would like to pursue? CWI offers a variety of programs and hands-on training opportunities to help you reach your goals, transfer on, or prepare you with the skills needed for a successful career.

Explore Your Options

Returning Student Admission Process

  • 1. Complete the Returning Student Admission Application

    Apply as a Returning Student

    • View the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines specific to each semester.

    Once your application has been submitted, be sure to add as a contact to ensure you are receiving important communication from the College.

  • 2. Apply for Financial Aid

    Federal Financial Aid

    • Apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
    • Completing the FAFSA can not only help you pay for school but will maximize your opportunities for scholarships, work-study positions, and more!

    Complete the FAFSA
    CWI's Code: 042118

    Questions? For assistance or questions related to financial aid, please contact One Stop Student Services

  • 3. Submit Transcripts

    Returning students (17 and over) seeking a degree or certificate are required to submit official transcripts as part of the admission process.

    High School or
    Home School
    High School or
    Home School Graduate / GED Completer
    College Student College Graduate Military Student
    • 6th or 7th semester transcript
    • Final transcript showing graduation date



    • College transcript


    • Final high school or home school transcript showing graduation date OR GED transcript* or HiSET certificate with overall passing score
    • College transcript showing completion of associate degree or higher
    • DD-214 form showing high school graduation or equivalent

    *If you completed your GED in Idaho, visit to order your transcript.

    Submitting your transcripts:

    • Transcripts must be in the original, sealed envelope from the institution.
    • Transcripts may be submitted via fax to 1.888.562.3216.
    • Transcripts must be faxed directly from the institution with a cover letter on letterhead.
    • Transcripts must be emailed directly from the institution.
    • Transcripts may be submitted via mail to:

    College of Western Idaho
    One Stop Student Services
    MS 3000
    P.O. Box 3010
    Nampa, ID 83653

    • Transcripts must be clearly marked ‘official’ and have an official school signature/stamp on the transcript.

    If you have attended other regionally accredited institutions since you were previously enrolled at CWI, please submit official college transcripts. CWI accepts transfer credits from post-secondary institutions accredited by a regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Your transcript will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis to determine any course equivalencies. Non-equivalent courses may count toward total hours required for graduation.

    Search for regional accrediting agencies

    Transfer students seeking an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Applied Science degree must complete 20% of required credits for a certificate or degree at CWI.

  • 4. Preview Next Steps

    Once officially admitted as a student, you will be ready to apply for scholarships, register for classes, and more! 

    Returning Student Checklist for Success