College of Western Idaho (CW) is transitioning systems as part of the .edu transition, and we will try to share information about systems that impact students, on this page.
@mycwi.cc Accounts Ending Dec. 20
Old @mycwi.cc accounts and all information saved in those accounts will be deleted on Dec. 20, 2019.
To avoid losing information, take the following steps:
- Login to your old @mycwi.cc account by going to https://portal.office.com and using your @mycwi.cc credentials
- Review all of the emails, files, appointments, contacts, etc, that you would like to keep
- Move those files to your new @my.cwi.edu account by going to mail.cwi.edu and logging in with your @my.cwi.edu credentials
Emails and electronic files stored in Microsoft Office 365, which includes OneDrive, Email, SharePoint, OneNote, Teams, Sway, Forms, Calendar, Delve, People, Tasks, ToDo, Yammer, etc, will be deleted on Dec. 20, with the deletion of the old @mycwi.cc accounts. Once the information and accounts are deleted, any lost items will be unrecoverable.
For questions, please reach out to the CWI Help Desk for assistance at 208.562.3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All CWI students have a new .edu email address that they must activate.
To activate your new email address:
- Go to mail.cwi.edu
- Enter your new email address email@example.com
- Click Next
As of 1 p.m. on May 20, student email addresses are transitioning to the new email addresses and are planned to complete by May 21.
Old email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
New email address: email@example.com
How will this impact you?
- You will have two email accounts through December 20, 2019. You will need to access each account separately to view your old emails and to transfer your old emails to your new email account.
- If there are emails in your old email account you want to keep, you will need to forward those to your new email account.
- Emails going to your old email address will be automatically forwarded to your new email address through the end of the year.
- IMPORTANT - Your old email address and all emails in that inbox will be deleted December 20, 2019.
Web access to email for students is changing to mail.cwi.edu
Additional College-wide systems:
- Blackboard - blackboard.cwi.edu
- myCWI.cc to my.CWI.edu
- cwidaho.cc to cwi.edu
- Help Desk - helpdesk.cwi.edu
- Email Sign In - mail.cwi.edu
Phase 3 Transition in Progress
Students are completing the migration from the old @mycwi.cc accounts to the new @my.cwi.edu accounts. The old accounts will be deleted Dec. 20.
Phase two Transition is a Success!
Benefits of Your New .edu Email address
There are benefits to you as a student with this email change. With the new .edu email addresses, you will now qualify for many more educational specials.
Examples of specials provided for .edu email addresses:
- Amazon Prime
- Apple Music
- Newspaper Subscriptions
These are just a few, with a little research; you may find more discounts available.