How do I change the password for my student or employee account?
There are two ways to change your password.
1. Log onto a CWI domain computer with your current username and password.
- Once logged on, press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
- In the Windows Security window, click Change Password.
- In the Change Password window, in the Old Password field, enter the password you are currently using.
- In the New Password box, enter the password you would like to start using.
- In the Confirm New Password box, enter your new password again.
- Click OK.
- Once the message stating your password has been changed successfully has appeared, click OK.
- Log off of the computer, and log back in with your new password.
New passwords must comply with the below complexity requirements.
- Cannot contain the users first or last name
- Must be at least 8 characters in length
- Must contain at least one character from at least three of four sets of characters:
- A through Z
- a through z
- 0 through 9
- Symbols such!@#$%^&*
- You can only change your password once within 24 hours.
- You must have 24 unique passwords before you reuse an old password.
2. Visit Logon Help to reset your password.
- You will need to Enroll first, then change your password.
- The same rules from above apply.