Can an advisor look at my foreign college transcript and tell me how it will transfer?

No, official transcripts from all foreign colleges must be received through any of the approved evaluation agencies listed on our website. All international post-secondary documents must go through an evaluation service approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc...

Do I need to take a math or English placement test?

International students are required to take an English proficiency test before being admitted.  Once the student has arrived in country they will be required to take the math and English placement test. 

Does College of Western Idaho have on campus housing?

We do not have on-campus housing.  It is important that international students have a place to stay before they arrive in Boise.

Does College of Western Idaho offer health Insurance?

We do not offer health insurance but have compiled a list of companies that offer health insurance to international students. These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the College of Western Idaho...

What if I receive my I-20 and it is incorrect?

Contact the Designated School Official, Kim Bettencourt at, immediately upon receiving the I-20 so it can be corrected.  Once you receive the corrected I-20, sign and...

What information does the school need?

The forms ask for your personal information (name, birthdate, country of birth and citizenship, native language, and academic plans at CWI), financial support information (how you will pay for your classes), and additional information regarding your sponsor and dependents (people relying on you...

Will my international credits transfer?

Credit from foreign institutions must be evaluated by a professional transcript evaluation service before transfer credit will be reviewed. You will need to select a professional transcript evaluation service and pay the cost of evaluation.

You will provide official transcripts to the...

What do I need to get an I-20?

An applicant must be 18 years old or older, and will need to be an admitted student of the College of Western Idaho. Apply Here

How do I get my I-20?

Once your student file is complete our Designated School Official(DSO) will review and issue the I-20.  The DSO will send a link to the student so they can arrange to have the I-20 sent to them.  The I-20 can also be picked up from the school during scheduled times.

How long will it take to get my I-20?

Once all the required documents have been received and processed, the I-20 can be available within 7 business days.

Do you need my I-20 from my other university, and why?

Yes, we need you to submit an International Student Transfer Form to verify all students transferring to CWI from another U.S. university for both identification purposes and that you...

Why do you need my information from my other university?

We need to verify your identity, financial standing with the previous university, and your educational merits to determine which courses you may or may not need to take at CWI.

Can I submit an application online or do I need to submit a paper application?

Online applications require a Social Security Number, so unless you have a social security number the paper application must be submitted.

I have an original copy of my High School Diploma from my country. Can I use this to get accepted into college?

Students must submit the original high school transcript to a CWI One-Stop Representative.  The student will be contacted once the document has been reviewed for authenticity.