CWI accepts college-level transfer credit from regionally accredited postsecondary institutions. Regional accreditation is grated through the following organizations:

  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission (WASC-SCUC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)

The Registrar’s Office determines transfer course equivalencies according to CWI’s procedures and as directed by instructional leadership. Once you are admitted as a degree-seeking student, and provide your official college transcript, your transcript will be evaluated and credit awarded based on the applicability of credit toward a CWI degree or certificate requires for your declared major. If a course is determined to be equivalent credit will be recorded as a part of your academic record history (will not be removed), and you can count that course toward your credential at CWI.

More specifically, the Registrar’s Office compares course descriptions from your transfer institution (from the year you earned the credit) to the courses CWI offers. In addition, if a credential is posted on your transcript (associate of arts, associate of science, or bachelor degree), we waive your general education or GEM courses. CWI degree specific requirements will still need to be met.

After an evaluation provided by the Registrar’s Office, students may request further review of transfer credit after initial evaluation by using the Exception to Academic Requirements form to request a course equivalency, a substitution of non-equivalent transfer credit to satisfy specific degree or certificate requirements, and/or the acceptance of credit from schools not regionally accredited. Students may be required to provide a course description or course syllabus prior to review.