Writing Center Email Consultations
You are here
Welcome to ACES, the Writing Center's Asynchronous Consultation Email Service. This service is designed for students who are seeking written feedback from a writing consultant and are unable to meet for an in-person or online appointment.
We are here to help you:
- find notable areas in your paper in need of improvement,
- offer insights as a dedicated reader to your work,
- explore options for revisions, and
- provide meaningful feedback to guide you.
How to submit your work
- Complete the ACES Intake Form to receive written feedback from a writing consultant.
- Where prompted on the Intake Form, attach a draft of your work and supporting materials, such as the assignment rubric.
- Students may submit up to five pages of writing per form.
- Work exceeding five pages may be submitted via multiple forms. When submitting multiple forms, please specify each section in the details of your request.
- Hit Submit, and watch your email for feedback.
Timeline for Feedback
- The turnaround time for receiving consultation feedback through ACES is two business days from the time you submit the Intake Form.
- Please plan accordingly as last-minute requests will not be accommodated.
- In-person and online appointments are available for students seeking a more in-depth review of their work.
- In a rush? Send your writing to CWI's external partner, Tutor.com, for quick feedback.
- Leave yourself plenty of time to revise.
- The feedback you receive provides suggestions. Since this is your paper, you must decide how to best use the feedback.
- Consultant feedback may not cover all potential areas for revisions or corrections. Rather, a consultant engages with your work to guide you through revisions in ways that keep you in charge of your writing.
- After making changes to your work, consider submitting a revised draft, or schedule an appointment for follow-up feedback.