You are here
Keeping You Updated
Cybersecurity is a permanent task requiring knowledge of current cybersecurity threats and progress in cyber defense made by local, state, national, and international communities. College of Western Idaho is committed to helping you stay up-to-date and informed on cybersecurity news at CWI, in Idaho, across the United States, and around the globe.
- Sept. 13, 2022 - Iranian Hackers Target High-Value Targets in Nuclear Security and Genomic Research
- Sept. 13, 2022 -Asian Governments and Organizations Targeted in Latest Cyber Espionage Attacks
- Sept. 12, 2022 - Hacktivist Group GhostSec Compromises 55 Berghof PLCs Across Israel
- Sept. 7, 2022 - New Stealthy Shikitega Malware Targeting Linux Systems and IoT Devices
- Sept. 5, 2022 - Ransomware Attackers Abuse Genshin Impact Anti-Cheat System to Disable Antivirus
- Aug. 19, 2022 - Cybercrime Group TA558 Targeting Hospitality, Hotel, and Travel Organizations
- July 29, 2022 - Over a Dozen Android Apps on Google Play Store Caught Dropping Banking Malware
- June 23, 2022 - NSO Confirms Pegasus Spyware Used by at least 5 European Countries
- May 5, 2022 - US Cyber Command Team Helps Lithuania Protect Its Networks
- May 4, 2022 - Cyber-security chiefs warn of malicious app risk
- Apr. 12, 2022 - Ukrainian power grid 'lucky' to withstand Russian cyber-attack
- Apr. 12, 2022 - Ukraine foiled Russian cyberattack that tried to shut down energy grid
- Apr. 12, 2022 - Why Ransomware Should Be On Every Cybersecurity Team's Radar
- Apr. 12, 2022 - How US cybersecurity trends can help the UK prepare itself
- Apr. 12, 2022 - FCC Chair Claims Cybersecurity Role Congress Crafted for CISA
- Apr. 11, 2022 - Learn the latest cybersecurity techniques at the Microsoft Security Summit
- Apr. 10, 2022 - 5 dangerous cybersecurity mistakes you’re probably making
- Apr. 4, 2022 - War, fear, ‘hacktivist’ zeal are upending energy cybersecurity
- Apr. 4, 2022 - No plain sailing: modern pirates hack superyachts' cybersecurity
- Sept. 13, 2022 - Apple Releases iOS and macOS Updates to Patch Actively Exploited Zero-Day Flaw
- Sept. 12, 2022 - High-Severity Firmware Security Flaws Left Unpatched in HP Enterprise Devices
- Sept.12, 2022 - Why Vulnerability Scanning is Critical for SOC 2
- Sept. 8, 2022 - Cisco Releases Security Patches for New Vulnerabilities Impacting Multiple Products
- Sept. 5, 2022- TikTok Denies Data Breach Reportedly Exposing Over 2 Billion Users' Information
- Sept. 3, 2022 - Google Releases Urgent Chrome Update to Patch New Zero-Day Vulnerability
- Sept. 1, 2022 - Over 1,800 Android and iOS Apps Found Leaking Hard-Coded AWS Credentials
- Aug. 29, 2022 - CISA Adds 10 New Known Actively Exploited Vulnerabilities to its Catalog
- July 20, 2022 - Unpatched GPS Tracker Bugs Could Let Attackers Disrupt Vehicles Remotely
- June 24, 2022 - Log4Shell Still Being Exploited to Hack VMWare Servers to Exfiltrate Sensitive Data
- May 9, 2022 - SHIELDS UP in bite sized chunks
- May 9, 2022 - FBI: Rise in Business Email-based Attacks is a $43B Headache
- May 4, 2022 - Attackers Use Event Logs to Hide Fileless Malware
- Apr. 8, 2022 - Could we see a passwordless future?
- Apr. 6, 2022 - What are the safety risks of removable media?
- Feb. 17, 2022 - Missouri DNR warns of water and wastewater cybersecurity threat amid Ukraine tensions
- Jan. 26, 2022 - Everything Blockchain Expands Operations in Cybersecurity
- Oct. 13, 2022 - Cybersecurity Summit
- Aug. 3, 2022 - Cybersecurity stakeholders seek to bolster industry education through summer camps
- July 27, 2022 - Vendor data breach at St. Luke's
- July 27, 2022 - Idaho schools looking to help fill cybersecurity workforce need
- July 19, 2022 - What Idahoans Need to Know as Cyber Crime Increases
- July 19, 2022 - How 2021’s Record for Cyber Attacks Affected Idaho Residents
- July 6, 2022 - U of I Earns $4.46M Toward Cybersecurity Student Training Scholarships
- June 21, 2022 - National Guard Soldiers, Airmen Train on Cybersecurity
- May 9, 2022 - Task Force: Idaho Must Shore Up Cybersecurity
- May 9, 2022 - Idaho maps out cybersecurity strategy
- May 5, 2022 - Gov. Brad Little highlights recommendations in new Cybersecurity Task Force Report
- May 4, 2022 - Governor's Cybersecurity Task Force releases 18 recommendations
- Apr. 9, 2022 - Boise State 'CyberDome' program boosts rural cybersecurity throughout Idaho
- Mar. 22, 2022 - MSPAlliance Launches Initiative to Solve MSP Cybersecurity Talent Crisis
- Mar. 21, 2022 - INL Chooses Cybersecurity Company to Participate in Mentor-Protege Program
- Mar. 1, 2022 - Cybersecurity experts: everyone should be taking precautions
- Jan. 26, 2022 -Everything Blockchain Expands Operations in Cybersecurity
CWI Cybersecurity News
The week-long daytime event is aimed at teaching high school students the basics of computing, cybersecurity, and information technology through a hands-on, fun, and engaging experience.
College of Western Idaho’s Computer Science and Information Technology Department will host a day of education and training to expand cybersecurity knowledge around the state.
Cybersecurity student, Stanley Ward, was selected out of thousands of students for a national scholarship through his participation in a national cybersecurity competition.
Congratulations to College of Western Idaho's Cybersecurity team who advanced to the finals and placed fourth at the Future of Work Academy cybersecurity incubator competition.
Cybersecurity Representatives from College of Western Idaho’s Cyber Defense Center took part in the Idaho Office of Emergency Management’s annual Cybersecurity Summit Thursday, Oct. 13.
During Cybersecurity Awareness Month, it’s important to remember to take extra steps to keep you and your information safe. Hackers are constantly coming up with new ways to steal personal data and information.
Need More Info?
- Center of Academic Excellence - Cyber Defense Accreditation Alternate Point of Contact