Qualify yourself to assist with medications in assisted living, group home, and family home settings. Upon completion of the course, you will know the legal requirements for assistance with...
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Course
You are here
Start your career in the healthcare field as a Certified Nursing Assistant with the College of Western Idaho today!
Healthcare is a growing industry with many exciting opportunities. This is your opportunity for immediate employment, ongoing growth potential, and life-long career skills. Be on the front line of patient care providers who perform basic caregiving services for the ill, injured, handicapped, or disabled under the direction and supervision of licensed nurses.
CWI offers two options for the Nursing Assistant program:
- 12 weeks of online lessons
- 4 hours per week of onsite skills training (12 sessions - mandatory attendance)
- 32 hours of clinical experience
- 88 hours of classroom training
- 32 hours of clinical experience
Once your chosen class is completed, you will be prepared to take the state examination to earn your Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) which is sought by medical profession employers.
Workforce Development at the College of Western Idaho (CWI) provides you high-quality, short-term training to boost your job skills, acquire new career skills, and earn the certificates you need. Take as many classes as you want in our short-term credit free offerings, with no applications, no transcripts, and no hassle. Just sign up and watch your career take off.
Classes are offered at a variety of locations throughout western Idaho and are taught by knowledgeable professionals with years of experience in their subject area.
What You Will Learn to Do
- Provide direct patient care under the supervision of licensed nurses
- Assist or provide daily living activities for patients
- Collection of specimens
- Perform range of motion activities
- Measure vital signs
- Care for your patients, residents, and clients with dignity and respect
More Recommended Programs
Qualify yourself to assist with medications in a certified family home setting. Upon completion of the one day course, you will know the basics of medication awareness, safety, and infection control...
Start your career in one of the most popular healthcare support jobs with online training from CWI and CareerStep. As a medical assistant, your skills will be in demand because all areas of...
Phlebotomy and Specimen Processing Phlebotomy and Specimen Processing is taught through online learning modules, in class lecture, and in class skills laboratories. The student is trained to perform...
Requirements and Costs
Degrees and Certificates
Skills, Traits, and Prep Classes
- Current AHA BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers Certificate
- Immunizations - TB Screening, Hep B/Hep B Waiver and others depending on clinical placement
- Clean 10 panel drug screen
- Clean criminal background check
Minimum Age Requirement16
Navigating your way through college can be confusing, especially if you try to go it alone. CWI Workforce Development offers advising assistance, to help in deciding which courses you need to take to complete your education and career goals. Have a specific question or just want general assistance? Email: email@example.com or call 208.562.2700 and we’ll be happy to help get you on your way!
All students must attend a mandatory online orientation on the first day of class. This orientation session will cover course expectations, clinical requirements, supplies, books, and many other components of the course. You do not need to have all of your supplies, other than your textbook(s), purchased by the first day of class.
Program fee: $895
Additional Required Items to Purchase:
- Books: $120*
- CWI Caribbean Blue (dark teal) scrubs, comfortable work shoes, gait belt, BP cuff, stethoscope: $60 - $125*
- Watch with a second hand: $15*
- Immunizations: $12 - $250*
- AHA BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers: *cost varies by vendor
- Background check: $55.11*
- Drug test: $25*
- Clinical Skills Test: $65
- Idaho Nurse Aide Test: $50
*Estimated costs, vary by vendor
Class costs and fees are subject to change without notice.
There are an assortment of scholarship opportunities available if you qualify to help cover some or all of the costs associated with classes offered through CWI Workforce Development. Call us at 208.562.2700 for more information.
Various payment options are available for Workforce Development students to help covers costs of your program. For more information, visit WD Financial Information.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
College of Western Idaho is committed to maintaining a Respectful Community by providing equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate in services, benefits, or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, age, or any other legally protected status. More on Title IX
News and Blogs
The CWI Foundation recently awarded more than $6,000 to the recipients of this year’s Wishing Well Fund.
Christina Northrop, who is starting in the CWI Nursing program, received the “LTH Don’t Give Up” Scholarship.
A $25,000 grant from Bank of America will support critical healthcare workforce training.
MEDIA ADVISORY – College of Western Idaho today announced it has received a $25,000 grant from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation to support the Multicultural...
Healthcare & Emergency Medical Services
- Assistance with Medications
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Family Home
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Classes
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Hemodialysis Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing for Outpatient Services
- Mental Health Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician